How to Prepare Your Hair and Skin
Prepare Your Hair
- Before applying the wig on your head, you need to fix your hair so it will not make bumps or uneven places once you have your wig on. Whether you have long or short hair, you need to ensure that all of your natural hair is pulled back from your hairline so it won't be visible under the wig.
- If your hair is long, you can separate the hair into two pieces and twist them, crossing the two pieces behind your head. Attach them across the top and bottom with bobby pins.
- If you have long and thick hair, you can do small 1 inch twists curls and pin them all around your hair. Grab a 1 inch wide portion of your hair and twist it, wrapping the end around your forefinger. Curl the strand down toward your head, making a 1 inch wide circle with your hair. Once all the hair is in the curl, pin it with two bobby pins, making an X over the curl. Do this for the entirety of your hair. This will give you a smooth surface on which to apply your wig.
- Shorter hair can simply be combed and pinned away from the hairline. You can also use a stretchy cloth headband or similar item to push your hair away from your hairline.
Prepare Your Skin
- Wipe the skin around your hairline with a cotton pad dipped in alcohol solution. This removes any access oils and impurities from your skin, which will help the glue or adhesive tape stick better to your skin. Next, apply a scalp protector, which can be a spray, gel, and cream, to the areas around your scalp. This will protect this sensitive skin from irritation and damage from the glue or adhesive tape.
- Even if you don't have hair and have skipped the previous step, make sure you prepare your skin.
Posted on 12/22/2019 0 25